Monday, March 20, 2006

Malaysian Astronaut and Amateur Radio

Dear All,
As we all are aware, the Goverment is now selecting a Malaysian astronaut, who will take part in the scientific expedition on board the International Space Station in 2007. When I heard the news, I think it will be great if we (amateur radio operators) actually make contacts with our very own astronaut. Isnt it a great way to promote this hobby? I would like to draw discussion on this matter, which, some of the comments will be used in my writing for a newspaper. I cant guarantee a publisity, nevertheless, please express your view for the benefit of everyone. I appreciate real-name blogging and callsign. You can also mail me the feedbacks at jaja_juliet@yahoo.com.
Thanks and 73 d 9W2JAR.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ministry of Science,Technology and Innovation is making arrangement for Malaysians to interact with the Malaysian Astronaut. This will be done through the Malaysian Space Center in Banting. So forget about Malaysian amateurs talking to the astronaut without legal callsign.
Ask him to sit for the RAE and CW test first.

Radiosawan

Anonymous said...

...there you go , again shooting your mouth off without checking your facts.
Why don't you think of something useful for a change? Make a suggestion, or if you are so well versed, why don't you join the woring group? Or didn't you know there is one?
Yes, certainly the Ministry of Science and Innovation gave hat press release. Did you notice that they mentioned SMS and handphones? Do you think there wil be a voice link? Or did you just decided to mouth off each time you see a post on this blog?

Anonymous said...

The astronaut must have a callsign. To get a callsign he must pass RAE.Is MCMC giving free callsigns,without RAE.? Is so Amateur radio in Malaysia is going to the dogs.We have enough og people who went backdoor to get 9W or 9M. Do what you like I want to have my Kopi Tongkat Ali tarik

Yam Seng

Anonymous said...

Yes! You can! Johor Boleh!
In Johor, you can get a callsign without RAE and CW.
We have a living proof of that.
SWL and PIRATES can also QSO legally in the repeater.
MCMC knows but cant do anything.
You want to QSO, no need to approach MCMC.
The penghulu there will take care of matters.

JMF.

Anonymous said...

I dont know lah. I live far away from JB. I just pass JB and go to Sim Lim Tower I want to shift to JB so that I can upgrade to 9M without passing Cw. Please give contact number in JB. I dont pay money one.. yam cha bolihlah. Anybody care to join me . You are all welcome.



Waiting 2007

Anonymous said...

You cannot do that next time.
When you pass by Johor, you must drop by and greet the penghulu.
Or else misfortune will befall you.
The number in JB is 1-45600-000.
There is no free lunch there. Oil prices have gone up.

JMF.